Crowd Connected’s platform enables the real-time positioning of smartphones in any environment, indoors and outdoors. It is widely recognised as a best-in-class solution and is licensed across the live events industry, including at music festivals, sports, entertainment venues, and business events.
With its software integrated into the official app for an exhibition or trade show, Crowd Connected enables blue-dot navigation, location-based personalisation and location analytics, providing business critical insight into visitor behaviour at a venue in real time.
Mark Maydon, Commercial Director at Crowd Connected, said: “Hyve are at the forefront of the technology revolution in the exhibitions sector.
“We’re delighted to be extending our relationship which dates back to 2019, and we’re now working closely with multiple show teams as physical events bounce back post pandemic.
“Conscious that physical shows are competing with digital, there’s rightly increasing focus across the exhibition industry on operating smart events. This translates into being more data-driven. At Crowd Connected, we’re on a data-driven mission to transform live events through location tracking insight.”
Ernesto Perdomo, Head of Digital Experience at Hyve said: “Crowd Connected’s positioning technology is proven both in terms of what it delivers and how easy it is to deploy. We’re levelling up the physical experience by bringing the best of digital to the show floor.
“This ticks multiple boxes: it elevates the visitor experience through the familiarity of blue-dot wayfinding, which drives more interactions with exhibitors. It helps us to personalise the event experience, making the mobile app more valuable. And Crowd Connected ‘s analytics deliver measurements that previously weren’t readily available – for example, footfall traffic stats for every exhibitor at a show.”
The first Hyve event of 2022 to benefit from the new agreement was Spring Fair. The UK’s largest retail trade show returned to the NEC last month after a COVID-enforced hiatus in 2021.
Hyve’s flagship education technology show, Bett, which takes place at London’s ExCel next week, is scheduled to be the second show in the technology rollout.
- Hyve Group plc is a next-generation global events business whose purpose is to bring together and connect entire sector ecosystems from all corners of the globe. We meet our customers’ needs to learn, network and trade via both market-leading in-person and online events. Hyve Group plc is all about globally consistent best practice and unrivalled quality. Our vision is to create the world’s leading portfolio of content-driven, must-attend events delivering an outstanding experience and ROI for our customers. Hyve’s market-leading portfolio of global brands include: Shoptalk, Spring Fair, MosBuild, Bett, Mining Indaba and Retail Meetup, a ground-breaking digital platform enabling online networking and trade to take place at scale.
- Where business is personal, where meetings move markets and where today’s leaders inspire tomorrow’s.
About Crowd Connected:**
- Crowd Connected intelligently gathers, processes and analyses location data from mobile apps on a strict first-party-only basis. To date the technology has handled 2.5 billion location observations.
- The company’s software solutions deliver real-time positioning, wayfinding, crowd tracking, footfall analytics and other location-based insight, geofencing and personalisation.
- Organisations spread across 26 countries, from multinational entertainment brands to the operators of individual premises, licence Crowd Connected’s technology to optimise the physical customer experience.
- Website: crowdconnected.com. LinkedIn: linkedin.com/company/crowd-connected